What is the future of cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency is slowly but steadily entering the mainstream. The promise that it offers for decentralized banking and alternative payment systems is attractive to many, drawing not only investors but also those who believe in its utility. In fact, the CEO of a major online crypto market platform, Coinbase, opined that he thought a billion people could be using cryptocurrency in five years.
Armstrong believes Coinbase will function like the NYSE in the long run
Brian Armstrong, Coinbase’s CEO, added that he believes crypto tokens will become extremely widespread: “Every open source project, every charity, potentially every fund or these new types of decentralized organizations [and] apps, they’re all going to have their tokens.”
Armstrong’s optimism about the future of cryptocurrency runs strong—he believes that with the growth of his own company internationally, it will eventually function for crypto assets the way major exchanges, like the New York Stock Exchange, do for traditional investments.
Cryptocurrency already a “regulated industry” in the US: Armstrong
When asked about his stance on cryptocurrency regulation in the US, Armstrong recognized the reality and inevitability of regulation: “Yes, I don’t think there will ever be a moment where it’s like, now, we have cryptocurrency regulation because cryptocurrency has now branched out to be so many things, you know, its money, its potentially stocks or securities, its commodity, its property and then that’s just in the U.S.”
- Facebook Partnerships with Fact Checkers to Curb Fake News in Africa - December 10, 2018
- Facebook Partnerships with Fact Checkers to Curb the Spread of Fake News in Africa - November 27, 2018
- Twitter Investigated for Link Shortening - November 19, 2018
- Hackers Stole Around $60 Million in Cryptocurrency Exchange Hack - November 14, 2018
- Possible Success of Facebook’s Efforts to Limit Fake News - November 6, 2018
- Facebook’s AI Rosetta Scans Memes for Hate Speech - October 30, 2018
- France Announces Legal Framework for ICOs - October 23, 2018
- France Announces Legal Framework for ICOs - October 15, 2018
- The future of cryptocurrency in five years: A Billion Cryptocurrency Users? - October 9, 2018
- Dorsey Trying to Make Twitter More Transparent - October 2, 2018