The future of cryptocurrency in five years: A Billion Cryptocurrency Users?
What is the future of cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency is slowly but steadily entering the mainstream. The promise that it offers for decentralized banking and alternative payment systems is attractive to many, drawing not only investors but also those who believe in its utility. In fact, the CEO of a major online crypto market platform, Coinbase, opined that he thought a billion people could be using cryptocurrency in five years.
Armstrong believes Coinbase will function like the NYSE in the long run
Brian Armstrong, Coinbase’s CEO, added that he believes crypto tokens will become extremely widespread: “Every open source project, every charity, potentially every fund or these new types of decentralized organizations [and] apps, they’re all going to have their tokens.”
Armstrong’s optimism about the future of cryptocurrency runs strong—he believes that with the growth of his own company internationally, it will eventually function for crypto assets the way major exchanges, like the New York Stock Exchange, do for traditional investments.
Cryptocurrency already a “regulated industry” in the US: Armstrong
When asked about his stance on cryptocurrency regulation in the US, Armstrong recognized the reality and inevitability of regulation: “Yes, I don’t think there will ever be a moment where it’s like, now, we have cryptocurrency regulation because cryptocurrency has now branched out to be so many things, you know, its money, its potentially stocks or securities, its commodity, its property and then that’s just in the U.S.”
- How Technology Helps Tackle Food Insecurity - July 17, 2022
- How to Use Esports to Improve Student Performance - June 29, 2022
- How Much Do Esports Players Make - June 14, 2022
- How eSports Help Students Cultivate Soft Skills - May 30, 2022
- 5 Skills You Need to Become an Esports Pro - May 15, 2022
- 6 Ways Esports Players Can Improve Their Well-being and Performance - April 29, 2022
- Things You Should Know Before Getting into Esports - April 13, 2022
- Esports Trends in 2022 - March 29, 2022
- What is the Difference between Gaming and Esports? - March 13, 2022
- How Esports Teams Make Money - February 24, 2022