One of the weakest points in cybersecurity is the human end-user. One careless click by a user can render moot all the antivirus software, firewalls and other technical protections.
Therefore, education is essential. The more awareness about cyber risks, the better. A more prepared population can better defend itself.
One recent initiative marches forward on this path. The government of the UK recently launched a new virtual cyber security school. The goal is to fight hackers and prevent cyberattacks by increasing awareness. The new school will aim to encourage students to learn new skills while they are stuck at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Teaching cybersecurity to people of all ages
Cybersecurity education is important not just for adults, but for the young as well. The UK’s initiative recognizes this and offers skills for young and old.
The idea is to offer youth interesting and useful skills and assignments like fixing security flaws and learning to crack codes. These include lessons on how to dissect the digital trails of hackers while progressing through a game as a cyber agent.
Teaching cybersecurity leads to greater actual cybersecurity
Industry experts will teach fundamental security disciplines like cryptography, digital forensics, and operating systems. With schools currently closed, the idea is to make use of internet to spread awareness about cybersecurity and allow teenagers to learn few essential things while staying at home.
Initiatives for teaching cybersecurity to the public are important. Educational programs can ingrain an understanding and awareness about cyber threats that are crucial in order to help prevent them. Such initiatives can usher in a culture of cyber awareness which will make the end user a much harder and more imposing target for hackers and other malicious actors.
- How Technology Helps Tackle Food Insecurity - July 17, 2022
- How to Use Esports to Improve Student Performance - June 29, 2022
- How Much Do Esports Players Make - June 14, 2022
- How eSports Help Students Cultivate Soft Skills - May 30, 2022
- 5 Skills You Need to Become an Esports Pro - May 15, 2022
- 6 Ways Esports Players Can Improve Their Well-being and Performance - April 29, 2022
- Things You Should Know Before Getting into Esports - April 13, 2022
- Esports Trends in 2022 - March 29, 2022
- What is the Difference between Gaming and Esports? - March 13, 2022
- How Esports Teams Make Money - February 24, 2022